Friday, July 31, 2009

I think I’m having polymer clay withdrawal pains!!!!!

A fellow clay friend recently titled a blog post “Is it Friday yet?”. Her question was asked on a Monday after a very busy weekend and pointed out the fact that she needed another weekend!

Well today is Friday and I am so glad! This has been a doosie of a week with storms and a train wreck that knocked out our power on Sunday until 5:45 p.m. That wouldn’t have been too bad except that I had revival at the church I grew up in this week so Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights were devoted to that, then Wednesday night choir practice at my church. By last night, I was exhausted – mentally and physically. Then I realized that I’ve gone over a week now without touching my clay. I think I’m having polymer clay withdrawal pains!!!!!

Tomorrow is Saturday and I have absolutely NOTHING that I HAVE to do!!!! That doesn’t happen very often and I am so looking forward to it. I have several projects in my head that I want to try plus several things that need to be photographed and listed in my Etsy shop, Flikr page and Picturetrail albums. Life is just too short!

Sunday afternoon we’re having a baby shower for my niece and I want to cover a hand lotion bottle for her in the colors of her nursery. That was one of the projects that I had planned to get done last Sunday before the power went out. Her colors are peach and mint green and I’ve made a peach flower cane already for it. I see a pretty blue sky with clouds, mint green grass with dimensional blades of grass here and there and flowers, of course! I’ll post a picture when I get it done.

In the meantime, just so ya’ll will know that I really do work with polymer clay (grin), here are a selection of the pens I’ve covered and have recently posted in my Etsy store. These are so much fun to make and such a great gift for that person who has everything!

No comments: