Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Color In Motion or How NOT to clean the studio!

It's been a good week at Harrison Hollow Design studios! I started out Saturday morning cleaning my studio. I got a fair amount done just by putting away tools, cookie cutters, stamps, mica powders, bead rollers and various other "stuff" that had gathered on my work table. Then I decided I needed to go through some of the bits and pieces of clay that seem to grow at an alarming rate when I get in "create" mode and tame them into "color families".

That was going pretty good until I thought to myself, all these bits and pieces would make some cool "Jupiter Beads" like Cindy Leitz showed us how to do a while back. So three hours later….

I still had a relatively cluttered studio, but I had made some really cool beads that I'm calling "Color in Motion". This is the second set of these that I've made and I've got to say, I just love the surprise element and beautiful blends that you get by extruding scrap clay and wrapping it around core beads. I don't have a picture of the ones I made Saturday loaded yet, but this is some that were listed on JustBeads.com and sold! Just too cool!

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Wow, thanks for the mention Arlene! Your modified Jupiter Beads turned out fabulous! I can see why they sold right away! Who needs a clean studio anyways? ;-)