Friday, September 25, 2009

Beginning to think about Christmas Gifts



September 25!!! Three months from today we'll be celebrating Christmas and my goal this year is a handmade Christmas. I've been thinking a lot lately about the people that I want to give a small "token" type gift to this year – nothing extravagant – just something to let them know that I am thinking of them and appreciate all they do for me. I'll bet you have some of those people in your life too!

One of the things that I've made that seem to be pretty universal are my pen holders. These are made using pvc pipe as the internal structure, then I can go as wild and crazy as I want to based on who I am making them for. These are a few that I have in my studio now and that are available through my Etsy store.

The fun thing with these pen holders is that they are basically a blank canvas that I can play on. The Pumpkin Pen Holder is actually one of the first designs that I made several years ago, but I have requests for them every fall. The Mosaic Images Pen Holder is a new design this year and I had a blast making it. The Sea Breezes Pen Holder is another favorite although I made this one without the flamingo that usually graces the sandy beach and palm trees. I'll be adding more as time allows so be sure to check the Etsy store and Picturetrail sites.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Great ideas Arlene! It's so hard to believe Christmas is only three months away! It seems like last Christmas wasn't all that long ago. My list is already beginning to come together! ;-) I always try to have handmade gifts for all the girls in my family...this year I'm thinking about the guys too! It's going to be fun to see what we all come up with!

Alice Stroppel said...

You knew I would love the palm tree pen holder. Gotta have tropical in your life even if you don't live here. Palm tree are a must in everyone's world. They're great!