Friday, November 6, 2009

Gift Tag or Personalized Christmas Ornament?



It's been a busy week at work so I've not had much time to really think about anything else. But as the week winds down and the weekend is approaching, I'm thinking clay!

I made a personalized ornament recently and my sister said - you know what would be cool? Use the ornament as a gift tag this year, then the person who gets it can use it as an ornament next year! How's that for a gift that keeps giving?


Here's the ornament that started this train of thought. This one is for my sister Sherry who loves red and collects angels. The stamped images and letters are filled with an acrylic glaze in a copper tone.


So what do ya'll think? Is the ornament as gift tag idea is a good one? I've already made several more. One for the sister who made the suggestion! She loves dragonflies. So guess what's on her tag/ornament? Yep! That's right -- a dragonfly! Each one is just a bit different but appeals to what is special to each of them.
Hmmm..... I'm thinking about butterflies! Wouldn't that make a great tag/ornament?


No comments: