Friday, November 13, 2009

Sharing ideas

I've been working on the tutorial that I mentioned to you earlier this week and it has occurred to me just how much I learned and all the different places I've gotten inspiration since I started working with polymer clay. I look back at some of my early work and realize just how far I've come in just a few short years and I have to thank a LOT of people for that journey. I've taken classes and don't get me wrong, classes are great and a lot of really good information is often packed in. But I've learned as much or more just from the sharing of information between other people who are learning just as I am.

Members of my local guild, Central Mississippi Polymer Clay Guild, has been challenging me to learn and do things well beyond what I would have ever thought I could do when first I picked up a block of clay.

Members of that guild have also encouraged me to take classes from teachers that scared the stew out of me but who all turned out to be great ladies and giving people.

Members of my online guild, Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy, have shared how they do things, what works and what doesn't, where the best resources are and their monthly challenges have me trying things that I would not otherwise have tried.

Although I don't get over there as often as I would like, the Clay-Polymer Yahoo group is also a great source of help and inspiration.

And since I've started blogging, I've found a lot of you out there who share what you are doing. I have joined Cindy Lietz's online newsletter with a video every week. Worth every penny!

I am now following a number of blogs and enjoy reading about the challenges that other artists, polymer clay and other mediums, go through in pursuit of their art.

So to all of you who have shared your journey, have come along for the journey with me and enriched my life in the doing - Thank You!

2 comments:

Marlene Brady said...

I learned about Google Reader through you and it has made my life so much easier! I thank you for sharing your art, thoughts and techniques! You have been so helpful to the polymer community; thanks again.
Marlene Brady

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

It really is wonderful how easy it is to share ideas and learn from each other, through the use of the internet. I am amazed by it every day!

Thank you so much for the kind words you have said about my blog and the community that is developing there. I have loved having you there, part of the action. And being able to showcase your beautiful work!