Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It’s a season of hearts and flowers!

Valentine’s Day has been a favorite holiday since I was a kid and we made homemade cards. Such fun!

Times are not as simple now as back then but I still love the hearts and flowers. Not only does it remind me that love is still alive but also that spring is just around the corner.

Not too long ago several of my clay buddies and I got together to ring in the New Year with an clay-in! One of the things that we made during our late night playing was rose canes. I’ve taken some of those rose canes and mixed them with other flower and leaf canes from my stash to make several heart shaped pendants in a salute to Valentine’s Day. These are available in my Etsy shop should you want to share hearts and flowers with somebody special.

Also don't forget that our local guild, the Central Mississippi Polymer Clay Guild, is hosting Julie Picarello in April for a two day jam-packed weekend workshop of her signature style mokume gane plus how she finishes the designs and puts it all together.  For more information, go to our website.

No comments: