Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I've been framed!!!!!




The focus of the next meeting of the Central Mississippi Polymer Clay Guild – which I am a member of – is working with rubber stamps and polymer clay. Back before Christmas I had covered several small wooden boxes with faux raku mosaic tiles which everybody liked so I volunteered to show how I do the faux raku mosaic tile. Mine will be one of several projects that we’ll work on so I needed to make sure we could get it done in the time available.


I decided to try my hand at a mosaic picture frame after I saw an episode on HGTV’s series “That’s Clever” where the artisan made a collage type frame then glued it to an acrylic L frame. What a perfect way to support the decorative elements of the frame while providing protection for the photo!


After much trial and error, I’ve come up with a pretty good plan for how to do the picture frames using scrap clay, flat and metallic acrylic paint, rubber stamps and toothpicks! Here are pictures of the frames that I’ve finished during my search for the perfect method.  The man and woman came with frame but the group of three is me (in the red), my mom and my sister (the mother of the bride in the previous post!)

1 comment:

Alice Stroppel said...

These are very cool Arlene. I bet the members of your guild are so happy to have you as a member. You are always generously sharing all kinds of thing with them.

Oh and the back drop for your nieces wedding, wasa fabulous. I know she loved it.