Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a weekend!

Well, I've finally come down off cloud 9 after a weekend workshop with Julie Picarello! My mind is so full of information and inspiration that it's hard to keep my mind on my day job! Julie was a great teacher and shared a world of information with us from color mixing, to shadowing, using foils, paints and who knows what else to add interest to our pieces.

This was the first weekend workshop that our guild, the Central Mississippi Polymer Clay Guild, put on and I want to thank all the members who made items for the goody bags, who helped with the set-up and breakdown and who worked diligently throughout the weekend to make sure that everything ran smoothly. I want to send a special thank you – and congratulations on a fantastic job – to Joyce King, our President, who worked long and hard to make this weekend happen. Great job Joyce!

In addition to members of our local polymer clay guild, we had people from several surrounding states - Florida, Texas, Tennessee -- and other parts of Mississippi join us.  It was wonderful to share the joy of polymer clay and learning new techniques with other clayers!

I've included a picture of one of the color schemes I worked with this weekend. These have not been sanded or buffed so be kind! I worked on three different color schemes (I'm just a little bit crazy!) but couldn't get a good clear picture of the purple and green for some reason.

Overall it was a wonderful weekend and one I won't forget for a long time.

No comments: