Friday, September 10, 2010

The holiday season -- it will be here before you know it!

I know it's just the first of September but my mind has been on the upcoming holidays lately. Christmas is my favorite but Halloween and Thanksgiving fit right in there too. I've been working on prototypes of two different Christmas ornaments and should have something to show ya'll after the weekend if all goes well. I've never been particularly good at sculpting with clay but I've worked out a technique that makes it a bit easier for those of us who are "sculpture" challenged ;-)!

In the meantime, here are a couple of cute ideas from the Holidays section of my Etsy store. These cute little pumpkins are shaped around a tea-lite size candle which makes it super easy to replace when the tea-lite that comes with it burns down.



 
This Roly Poly Santa is made around a small glass bulb and is just so cute that you'll want a dozen!

This pencil cup is a great gift idea for the fall. It is formed around a piece of 3" pvc pipe (yes, the same pvc pipe that your water runs through!) for strength and stability. I keep one on my desk at work year round – changing them out according to the season or holiday. The one in the picture is one I made last year for Halloween and one of my co-workers felt it would suit her desk better than mine!!! Imagine that! So, while I don't have one of these in my Etsy store right now, I can make one for you to enjoy in plenty of time for Halloween – and Thanksgiving! Just drop me an email to arlene.harrison at gmail.com and we'll work out the details. And stay tuned…. I'm thinking snowflakes for Christmas/Winter….

1 comment:

Additionsstyle said...

That's awesome to be in two treasuries. Both of them are a lot of fun, and your piece look great.