Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rough spring but things are looking up!

I'm getting back to focusing on working in the studio and getting some projects finished that I've been working on for a while.  I've almost finished the long-promised tutorial on Faux Stained Glass using polymer clay.  I have a tremendous respect for those teachers out there who do this on a regular basis.  It's a lot easier to just play with the clay and not have to document the step-by-step procedure.  But by the time I get this tutorial finished, it will take you from a block of clay to the finished picture with clear and concise directions. 

I know I haven't been my usual bright, bubbly poster this spring and I do apologize for my absence.  I've been dealing with two issues.  The one that is affecting my art the most is a problem with my eyes.  I'm seeing normal size with the left eye and a larger view of the same thing with the right eye.  The difference is significant enough to cause what I was calling double vision but what is actually a shadowed overlay.  Weird stuff!!!  After many doctors visits and tests, we still don't know what caused it but we have come up with a treatment plan so hopefully that will soon be manageable.  Next doctor's appointment is July 7 so y'all keep your fingers crossed and prayers lifting that this will work.  For an artist not to be able to see a clear single crisp image is pure torture!!!

The other issue was much simpler.  I tore the cartilage under my left knee on New Years Eve morning.  I had surgery two weeks ago to repair that so I'm out of pain for the first time in 6 months and wondering why I put it off for so long!

No comments: