Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring has arrived in Mississippi!

Everything is blooming - which is a good thing for those of us who love the beautiful flowers and the spring green leaves - but a bad thing for thos eof us with allergies!!!  I fall into both categories so spring is one of my favorite times of the year even though I suffer through parts of it! 

In addition to the blooms, I'm beginning to see butterflies and as anyone who knows me knows -- butterflies are my "thing"!  The pendant you see here features a butterfly done in a faux batik technique then finished with a protective layer of resin.  Red, green and white beads in necklace pick up and repeat the colors in the pendant. 

The faux batik technique is one of the first tutorials that I bought and comes from Tina Holden. Click to see some of the beautiful things that Tina has made using this technique.

No comments: