Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What makes you think Spring?



Just last week we were fighting unusual winter weather including sleet and snow.  Today I was out walking around my yard in short sleeves admiring the first hint of spring, my first daffodils!  Aren’t they pretty?  I'm a glass half-full kinda gal so I'm seeing signs of spring instead of thinking that it is time to rake the leaves!!!  Although it is going to have to be done before too much longer.  Oh well....

In the meantime……back in the studio, I’m thinking about Easter and spring and all things sunny and bright.  The March PCAGOE challenge is eggs or egg shapes.  Several years ago I found these lovely little ceramic egg shaped trinket boxes at one of the local stores.  I picked up several thinking I would cover them with a pretty design for Easter.  I did one, then put the rest in a container and stored them away!

One of the great things about cleaning and reorganizing your studio is that you FIND things that you’ve totally forgotten about.  That was the case with these little egg shaped trinket boxes.  So in view of this challenge and the happy little touches of spring that I’m seeing here and there, I’ve covered a few.  The one shown is my yellow Daffodil Trinket Box.  I also have finished a rich rosy pink one called Fleur d'lis because of the designs on it, and a purple one called Dragonfly because - you guessed it - it has dragonflies on it!

 I don’t yet have them listed in my Etsy shop but hopefully will get that done within the next day or so.  If you see something you like in meantime, let me know.  They measure about 4 1/2 inches tall.  I’ll be selling these for $15 plus shipping. 




No comments: